The Original Typeface Compendium, est. 1989.
If typography were a religion, this would be the Bible. FontBook is the world’s most comprehensive typographic reference tool, documenting the libraries of over 130 international type foundries who publish the works of more than 1,660 type designers. FontBook App covers nearly 37,000 typefaces from 8,000+ font families.
The app presents the extensive content in over 730,000 typeface samples which can be intuitively spread out, searched, layered, moved, scrolled and combined like a collection of maps. While the iPad version is designed as an invitation to browse and play, its new iPhone incarnation is equipped with new filters, searches and lists, putting more focus on its practical use. Specially designed for fast, easy navigation and also works as a fun playground for finding inspiration.
The world’s most comprehensive typographic reference tool
What’s new in version 3.0.5
- Improved rendering of special characters
- “Cancel Search” button added (iPhone only)
- Support for iOS 7
- Minor bug fixes
- New app icon
- Apple iTunes Rewind, Top App ‹Reference Category› (2011)
- Communication Arts “Best Interactive of the Year” (2012)
- TDC award “Communication Design” (2012)
- Communication Arts “Best Typography of the Year” (2012)
- Red Dot Award Communication Design Grand Prix (2012)
See FAQs and further reading at the FontShop Blog, plus tutorials and background at The FontFeed.